Welcome to Storydoers!
Welcome to the first newsletter of Digital Story Doing for Local Tourism, an Erasmus+ project!
Did you know that more than one in ten enterprises in the European non-financial business economy belong to the tourism industries (European Commission, 2019). With the outbreak of Covid-19, rural and low populated areas local tourism businesses have been particularly affected, adding to the digital divide they are facing.
Rural areas and local tourism businesses shouldn’t be left behind.
The project’s objective is to provide support the digital storydoing of local tourism businesses. It aims to develop the capacities of rural businesses to design and promote sustainable local tourism experiences based on Storydoing.
The project is designed to enable “Storydoers” to develop:
- Storydoing skills: digital narrative skills for digital and social media platforms.
- Digital competences: to reduce the digital dividing of local tourism businesses of rural areas.
- Social competences: for community engagement and sustainable development of rural areas.
The project will produce free educational resources to teach storydoing skills for:
- Improving the competitiveness of rural businesses that operate in tourism and related sectors.
- Developing the capacities of rural businesses to design and promote sustainable local tourism experiences based on Storydoing.
With a strong consortium of EU partners in Bulgaria, Austria, Italy, Spain and Belgium, the Storydoers project will run until the end of 2023.
If you are interested in the topic of digital needs and local tourism, do not hesitate to follow the project’s social media and website. Content on the topics and news on the activities of the project will regularly be posted.
You can follow Storydoers in:
Newsletter: Newsletter of Storydoers | Revue (getrevue.co)